Monday, February 27, 2012

Veal Scallopini with Lemon-Sherry Sauce

This is actually my mother's recipe, to which I embellished a bit, by adding the Sherry and the Shallots. This is definatley one of my restaurant-quality recipies, and would be great for a dinner party!

1/2 lb. Angel Hair Pasta
Olive Oil
I large Shallot, thinly sliced
1 cup flour, seasoned with sea salt and freshly ground mixed peppercorns
4 Veal Scallops, placed between plastic wrap, and pounded slightly
2 lemons-1 thinly sliced and another juiced
1/2 cup dry Sherry
1/2 cup good quality beef stock

Heat enough olive oil in a non-stick skillet, enough to coat, but not too much.
Saute shallots until soft, but not brown.
Dredge veal in seasoned flour. Meanwhile, cook Angel Hair unitl "Al Dente". Sear veal in pan with sauteed shallots until lightly browned on both sides.
Add Sherry, and cook until slightly reduced. Add lemon juice and beef stock, and cook until sauce is
slightly thickened, and veal is cooked through. Place sliced lemons on top of veal scallops for garnish. Serve veal and the juices from the pan over the angel hair pasta.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I want to let you know that we've added a link to your site to NEPA Blogs!

    http://nepablogs.blogspot.com/2012/02/cooking-with-booze.html

    I've got a lengthy introductory message ready, but it's pretty long to stick in a comment. You can get in touch with us at nepablogs@gmail.com and we'll send it to you!

    - Harold Jenkins, aka d.b. echo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am most definately interested in your site and your introductory message. I am glad you added a link to my site. I try to post new recipies as much as possible. You can send the introductory message to my home address: 800 Susquehanna Ave.West Pittston, PA.
      18643, or you can e-mail me at:ch800@comcast.net
      thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh, heck, I've just set up the welcome message as a permanent page on the site. Here you go!

    http://nepablogs.blogspot.com/p/welcome-to-nepa-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete